Entering into the E & P Business in Korea
           Basically, the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy (MOCIE) grants to the companies the exclusive right to explore for petroleum in the offshore Korean block.
           KNOC (Government-owned oil company) handles hydrocarbon exploration and production in Korea, either directly or through contracts with other companies.
           Companies considering entering into a Concession Agreement should express their interest by sending a letter or e-mail to KNOC to expedite consulting technical information - seismic sections, well logs, etc - at KNOC Data Room.


"The boundaries and names shown and the designations used in this website on CCOP EPF
do not imply official endorsement or acceptance by CCOP."

Copyright © Coordinating Committee for Geoscience Programmes in East and Southeast Asia (CCOP)
24th Floor, Suite 244-5, Thai CC Tower, 889 Sathorn Tai Road, Sathorn, Bangkok 10120, THAILAND
Tel: (662) 672-3080-1 Fax: (662) 673-3082 E-mail: ccopts@ccop.or.th
Last Update: 8 August 2002